.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

Flash flood

The picture shows Sungai Klang (Klang River) at its normal level. At times I would look at it and wonder about the depth of the banks. I estimate there's about four or five metres between the water level here and the bridge. With the added width above the current water line the banks should be able to contain quite a large amount of water.

This is the rainy season. The rain usually falls in the evening. The river is quite close to where I'm staying in KL but until last Sunday I hadn't been near the river at night. Sunday I spent the day with a friend exploring some interesting areas out of town. It started raining before I returned. It was still pouring down at the time I reached Pasar Seni station. You can see it in the top left of the picture. From the platform I looked down to the river and the water was lapping the bridge. I was told that one hour of heavy rain is all it needs for the rain to come up like this. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of the flooded river, it was too dark.

Labels: , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?