.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, August 11, 2007

 

Keeping the old

Recently I spent a long morning exploring Wushan Hill. Coming back a different way, I saw these old roofs when I was close to the bottom. Down a few flights of stairs I found myself in an old area with many buildings in various states of restoration. The old houses have been taken over by shops selling products and services that might appeal to tourists. I think this sort of thing is rather rare in China. There appears to be more of a trend here to completely destroy old buildings and replace them with something new, often a copy of something old. I like this area and took a few pictures. You will find a few of them along with some of Wushan Hill on my flickr page (see sidebar).

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?