.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Saturday, September 29, 2007

 

Proposal

I visited Bahn Don Mun recently with friends from Mahasarakham University when they went to workshop the villagers on the transition from chemical to organic rice farming.

While there, I got an invitation to stay and they promise that in three months I'll be able to speak Thai fluently. They even offered me a house. One of the villagers seemed to take a shine to me and followed me around trying to teach me a little Thai.

When we sat down to relax before lunch we got talking about ourselves with the help of a teacher who translated. He is a couple of years younger than me and has two daughters in their late twenties. Each has one child. I told him about my family and that I was divorced. He asked how I feel about women. I said that I like women but also like my freedom. He told me that one of his daughters was divorced and he would love to have me as a son-in-law. I don't know if the daughter has any say in the matter.

I'm not sure I'll be rushing back there but still it's nice to get the odd proposal. I haven't had one for over a year and I was wondering if I was looking past it or something.

Labels: ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?