.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, March 10, 2008

 

Travellers' tip: Thai embassy, KL

I arrived in Kuala Lumpur last Tuesday and will be here for a little over a week. I've been catching up with friends, trying out a different hotel, doing a lot of walking and learning to find my way around different parts of the city. But the main purpose of my visit has been to apply for my new visa to Thailand. Before I came here I looked up the embassy's web site, google maps and a few other sites to see if I could pinpoint exactly where it is. I got a rough idea but not a lot of detail. I've since found the embassy and successfully applied for my visa. There were many people at the embassy. I wonder how many had difficulty finding it. For the sake of other travellers I'm giving my directions here. Hopefully google will bring you here if that's what you're looking for.

The embassy is in Jalan Ampang. If you are new to Malaysia, 'jalan' is the Malay word for street or road. The best way to get there is to take a train on the Putra line. Get off at Ampang Park station which is right below Jalan Ampang. When you surface in Jalan Ampang look around for the Petronas Twin Towers. Walk down Jalan Ampang away from the Twin Towers. You will soon come to a major intersection with Jalan Tun Razak. Cross over and keep walking along Jalan Ampang. You will find the Thai Embassy on the left-hand side, perhaps a five minute walk from the station.

When you get inside the gate you will be given a form to fill out. You can do that at the tables they have in the open area before proceeding inside. When you get inside you are required to take a number and wait until it is called. When you submit your application you have to pay the fee and you must have the correct amount. They don't give change! Mine cost RM220. Yours may be different but I suggest you have a few RM10 notes so that you are not delayed while you try to find change.

Good luck.

Labels: , , , , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?