.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Monday, May 25, 2009

 

My new icon

When I was preparing documents for my visa report I realised that I was getting low on ID photos. It's quite cheap to get someone to take them for you here in Thailand but I decided I could do better myself. I put my camera on a tripod, pointed it at my wardrobe, set the camera on delayed exposure, stood in front of the wardrobe and 'click'. I took several shots, experimenting with draping different types of cloth over the wardrobe to change the backdrop. Occasionally I pointed the camera a little carelessly and took one that was off centre.

This particular one with a silk-sheet background inspired me. On my computer I cropped it, fiddled with the exposure and sharpening, then put it through a watercolour filter, sharpened again and this is the result. Years ago I would spend many many hours with paints and canvas to produce a picture. This little effort took me about ten minutes all up.

I decided to link my flickr page more definitely with this blog by giving them the same icon and name. And at this point in time my ID pics are about as up-to-date as they can be.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?