.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Friday, March 11, 2011

 

Gaye

Most of my friends and family will be aware that in September '09 I returned to Australia to take care of Gaye who is very dear to me and was said to be dying of cancer. At that time she had an operation which turned everything around and it seemed she was going to get better. She did reach a point when she was officially in remission. But the cancer never completely went away. Now the doctors can do no more. Gaye is no longer able to eat or drink by mouth and rather than face a slow death she has made a decision to turn off life support and allow nature to take its course. She is expected to die in the next few days.

Gaye is facing this remarkably well. I have been chatting on the phone with her a few times and she is in good spirit looking back positively on the life she's had—a truly remarkable woman. I'm honoured to have been able to share a part of my life with her.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?